SIBE-Management-Master – M.Sc. International Management
Do you feel like creating? Then studying at SIBE is just right for you! You will implement corporate projects and work on your personal development at the same time. The M.Sc. in International Management is the ideal choice if you are looking for a modern leadership and management education.
The M.Sc. in International Management is premium accredited by FIBAA. Thus, it belongs to the 3% of the premium seal holders among the master’s programs of the FIBAA-accredited programs. Thus, FIBAA certifies outstanding teaching in this study program. FIBAA awards a premium seal to degree programs that are already established in the market and which, in addition, not only meet but exceed the majority of the quality requirements. The degree is awarded by Steinbeis University, which is state-recognized and entitles you to a doctorate.
Format & Content
At the heart of the program, you will implement one or more real-world projects and shape your own personal development. You will be supported by a systematic project and competency curriculum. In addition, the program addresses global leadership issues such as ethics, the future of work and organization, digital transformation, the role of networks, and many more, alongside classic management topics such as market research, project management, strategy and goal development, finance, change or innovation management, and above all international business development.
At the same time, our unique study format offers you a variety of added values. By studying on real-world projects, practice and theory are directly intertwined: On the one hand, the study continuously accompanies the development of your real-world project(s). On the other hand, SIBE block seminars can be integrated into your work routine. According to your preferences and the preferences of your partner company, the proportion of on-site or live online seminars during the course of study can be controlled to a certain extent according to availability. We are convinced that, above all, the exchange with others is important in order to successfully tackle complex problems of today. Therefore, we put a strong focus on collaborative learning and working in seminars, peer mentoring, and much more. In this way, you have the chance to systematically expand your own network.
During your studies, the focus is on working on one or more projects. The problem to be solved comes from corporate practice. During the two-year course, you will develop and implement appropriate solutions, thereby creating added value for the company. In addition to your regular day-to-day work, which you manage, you have the opportunity to shape corporate development through your own projects. At the same time, you will go through a competency development during the project implementation. By working on and reflecting on projects, you will learn to set goals and to realize them successfully even in new situations. Through application in the project, we ensure that you not only acquire knowledge and qualifications (i.e. mastering things in theory), but that your competencies are built up in practice. In addition, a structured project curriculum gives you the opportunity to work continuously and systematically on the scientific progress of the project and to reflect on it with fellow students, lecturers as well as your company. This way, you will achieve the greatest possible practical and theoretical expertise in an individually selected project area.
Examinations and online MBA option (BRA)
Since at work, skills and performance are more important than passing knowledge tests, we have designed the entire program to focus on your skills development. Therefore, during the M.Sc. in International Management, you will mainly work on problems and tasks of your projects in the form of presentations and project-related term papers (so-called transfer or project study papers up to the Master’s thesis) either in German or English. Examinations taken by international lecturers must, of course, be conducted in English.
Online MBA option (BRA)
Thanks to our long-standing cooperation with our partner universities, you can benefit from an online MBA option (BRA): Depending on your performance within the program, you can obtain an “MBA” certificate from one of our Brazilian partner universities in addition to the “Master of Science (M.Sc.)” degree from Steinbeis University.*
* This is based on bilateral agreements between SIBE and its foreign partner universities, subject to changes due to legal or political conditions. There is no legal claim to the award of titles or certificates.
Admission & Application
- Completed first degree at a German or foreign university with at least 180 credit points according to ECTS or the equivalent thereof
- English language skills of a level of at least B2 according to the European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Broad experience through internships, international experience, volunteer work, work experience, etc.
- Successful completion of a multi-stage selection process at SIBE
- A partner company at your side, which supports your studies and provides you with a project. We will be happy to support you in your search for a partner company.
Your application documents
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificate of higher education entrance qualification (Abitur, Fachhochschulreife)
- Certificate of studies
- Study record (alternatively current overview of grades) and
- Work and internship certificates
summarized in a PDF file (alternatively Word). Please send us your application preferably online or to email@example.com. Please apply at an early stage. The course starts for the SIBE Master’s programs usually take place every 2 months and are independent of the state winter and summer semesters.
For the M.Sc. International Management a three-stage selection process is conducted – consisting of the formal review of the application documents, a personal interview (incl. English test) and the KODE® assessment. After successful completion of the selection process, you will either start directly with your existing company in the program or be accepted into our talent pool.
In the talent pool, you can look together with us for a suitable project-giving company. In doing so, you can either identify a suitable partner yourself or access our advertised vacancies. Forwarding your application documents to cooperating partner companies is only possible after the coaching call.
As part of the program, your partner company usually supports you not only with a monthly salary, but also by covering the majority of the program and tuition fees! Financing is usually provided as follows (deviations are possible and should be discussed directly with the respective partner company):
Contribution of the company:
- Payment of a monthly student salary
- Payment of the program fees in the amout of 1.160,- € / month (plus VAT)
- If applicable, financing of travel expenses for onsite seminars and an optional study trip
Contribution of the student:
- Payment of the tuition fees in the amout of 350,- € / month (without VAT)
Optional study trips abroad
We are convinced that leadership and management must be thought globally! Therefore, we offer all our students and alumni exclusive insights into selected foreign markets in addition to our study and doctoral programs. Benefit from the international network of the School of International Business and Entrepreneurship, which has been built up over the last 28 years!
This is what makes our optional study trips abroad so special
As part of our optional study trips abroad, you will benefit from a unique blend of:
- Visits to national and international companies, chambers or associations, possibly visits to factories or production sites
- Exchange with company representatives and/or university representatives on special topics of the respective market
- Insights into the respective culture via a country-specific cultural offer
Individual requests (e.g. visits to specific industries etc.) will be considered, please, just contact us.
This is an optional offer for all SIBE students and alumni, which is offered independently of any online dual degree options offered by our partner universities. Accordingly, the costs are not included in the tuition and program fees and are additional. Please clarify individually whether you are responsible for any costs incurred or whether your partner company will bear them.
Successfully implemented study trips abroad:
- Study trip abroad to Brazil in cooperation with our partner universities: Universidade Vila Velha (Vila Velha), Faculdade da Indústria (Curitiba), Universidade Católica de Santos (Santos) and many more
- Study trip abroad to the USA in cooperation with the University of California (San Diego)
- Study trip abroad to China in cooperation with Tsinghua University (Beijing)
- Study trip abroad to Great Britain in cooperation with Heriot-Watt University (Edinburgh)
We will inform you about possible next dates, destinations and prices as soon as reliable planning is possible and justifiable against the background of the pandemic.
Contact regarding the optional study trip abroad
Team International & MBA Programs