SIBE-Digitalization-Master – M.Sc. in Digital Leadership
You would like to actively shape digitalization projects for companies and organizations? Are you interested in the opportunities and challenges of digitalization? You want to qualify yourself in the best possible way for the future requirements of the economy? If so, the M.Sc. in Digital Leadership at SIBE is just right for you!
Come together with fellow students from IT, engineering and all other disciplines to shape digitization in a way that creates value for companies and organizations! No matter which position you eventually take on in the future, your achievement within the program and in your company is the best calling card for further challenging tasks to come. At SIBE, you will receive all of the relevant tools to be prepared for the digital future!
SIBE is system-accredited by the FIBAA in accordance with the requirements of the German Accreditation Council.
Format & Content
The focus of the program is on combining the topics of digitalization and leadership. Through the self-organized implementation of real digitalization projects in a company, you promote your own personal development. You will receive important impulses for this in the various modules of the curriculum:
At the same time, our unique study format offers you a variety of added values. By studying on real-world projects, practice and theory are directly intertwined: On the one hand, the study continuously accompanies the development of your real-world project(s). On the other hand, SIBE block seminars can be integrated into your work routine. According to your preferences and the preferences of your partner company, the proportion of on-site or live online seminars during the course of study can be controlled to a certain extent according to availability.
We are convinced that, above all, the exchange with others is important in order to successfully tackle complex problems of today. Therefore, we put a strong focus on collaborative learning and working in seminars, peer mentoring, and much more. Int his way, you have the chance to systematically expand your network.
Digitalization is the cause and effect of change. Make yourself a shaper of this change by implementing real-world projects in companies or organizations within the framework of the program that lead to the value-creating use of digital tools and solutions or proactively deal with the effects of digital transformation.
With the realization of the projects, you make valuable contributions to the success of the company.
Projects that have already been successfully implemented with a SIBE degree in the field of digitalization include the following:
- Identification and evaluation of superscalar data-centric business models in the context of digitalization and Industry 4.0 using the example of predictive maintenance in the automotive and manufacturing industry
- Implementation of artificial intelligence within strategic corporate purchasing
- Voice of the Consumer (VoC) – how artificial intelligence in user online monitoring can contribute to a 360° picture and promote innovation
… digitalization projects are possible everywhere!
We are convinced that it is not only important to master things in theory, but also to experience and reflect in practice. Therefore, you will work on problems and tasks of your individual digitalization projects in the form of the following academic examination papers, which can be written either in German or English:
- 7 Transfer Papers
- 6 Project Study Papers
- Master‘s Thesis
Admission & Application
- Completed first degree at a German or foreign university with at least 180 credit points according to ECTS or the equivalent thereof
- English language skills of a level of at least B2 according to the European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Broad experience through internships, international experience, volunteer work, work experience, etc.
- Successful completion of a multi-stage selection process at SIBE
- A partner company at your side that supports your studies and provides you with a digitalization project. We will be happy to support you in your search for a partner company.
Your application documents
- Optional: Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificate of higher education entrance qualification (Abitur, Fachhochschulreife)
- Certificate of studies
- Study record (alternatively current overview of grades) and
- Work and internship certificates
Summarize them in a PDF file and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the link provided in the respective job posting. Please apply at an early stage.
The course starts for the SIBE Master’s programs usually take place every 2 months and are independent of the state winter and summer semesters.
For the M.Sc. in Digital Leadership a three-stage selection process is conducted – consisting ot the formal review of the application documents, a personal interview and the KODE® assessment. After successful completion of the selection process, you will either start directly with your existing company in the program or be accepted into our talent pool.
In the talent pool, you can look together with us for a suitable project-giving company. In doing so, you can either identify a suitable partner yourself or access our advertised vacancies. Forwarding your application documents to cooperating partner companies is only possible after the coaching call.
As part of the program, your partner company usually supports you not only with a monthly salary, but also by covering the majority of the program and tuition fees! Financing is usually provided as follows (deviations are possible and should be discussed directly with the respective partner company):
Contribution of the company:
- Payment of a monthly student salary
- Payment of the program fees in the amout of 1.160,- € / month (plus VAT)
- If applicable, financing of travel expenses for onsite seminars and an optional study trip
Contribution of the student:
- Payment of the tuition fees in the amout of 350,- € / month (without VAT)
Optional study trips abroad
We are convinced that leadership and management must be thought globally! Therefore, we offer all our students and alumni exclusive insights into selected foreign markets in addition to our study and doctoral programs. Benefit from the international network of the School of International Business and Entrepreneurship, which has been built up over the last 28 years!
This is what makes our optional study trips abroad so special
As part of our optional study trips abroad, you will benefit from a unique blend of:
- Visits to national and international companies, chambers or associations, possibly visits to factories or production sites
- Exchange with company representatives and/or university representatives on special topics of the respective market
- Insights into the respective culture via a country-specific cultural offer
Individual requests (e.g. visits to specific industries etc.) will be considered, please, just contact us.
This is an optional offer for all SIBE students and alumni, which is offered independently of any online dual degree options offered by our partner universities. Accordingly, the costs are not included in the tuition and program fees and are additional. Please clarify individually whether you are responsible for any costs incurred or whether your partner company will bear them.
Successfully implemented study trips abroad:
- Study trip abroad to Brazil in cooperation with our partner universities: Universidade Vila Velha (Vila Velha), Faculdade da Indústria (Curitiba), Universidade Católica de Santos (Santos) and many more
- Study trip abroad to the USA in cooperation with the University of California (San Diego)
- Study trip abroad to China in cooperation with Tsinghua University (Beijing)
- Study trip abroad to Great Britain in cooperation with Heriot-Watt University (Edinburgh)
We will inform you about possible next dates, destinations and prices as soon as reliable planning is possible and justifiable against the background of the pandemic.
Contact regarding the optional study trip abroad
Team International & MBA Programs