You want to combine your Master’s degree with valuable work experience? You want to prepare yourself for an international career? Then study the German-US-Dual-Degree (M.Sc./MBA)!
Within the framework of the program, you combine a full-time job in the company with two internationally recognized degrees: The Master of Science in International Management and a US-American MBA! The German-US-Dual-Degree (M.Sc./MBA) is the ideal choice if you are looking for a continuous international reference and greater freedom in terms of space and time!
The M.Sc. in International Management is premium accredited by FIBAA. Thus, it belongs to the 3% of the premium seal holders among the master’s programs of the FIBAA-accredited programs. Thus, FIBAA certifies outstanding teaching in this study program.
FIBAA awards a premium seal to degree programs that are already established in the market and which, in addition, not only meet but exceed the majority of the quality requirements.
The degree is awarded by Steinbeis University, which is state-recognized and entitles you to a doctorate.
Our MBA Partner
Post University was founded in 1890. Since then, it has been helping its students to acquire the knowledge, skills, and experience to succeed in their chosen field. Based in the USA, in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University is known for quality, career-enhancing study programs, and small seminar groups. It is recognized by the State of Connecticut and accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). The Malcolm Baldrige School of Business is Post University’s business school. It is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Malcolm Baldrige School of Business faculty are senior-level business experts with extensive teaching experience. Click here for “Awards and Recognitions” from Post University. Post University offers bachelor’s and master’s degree programs to international students in both on-campus and online formats.
Format & Content
The focus of the study format is on your own project realization. By studying on real-world projects, practice and theory are directly intertwined: On the one hand, the study continuously accompanies the development of your real-world project(s). On the other hand, SIBE block seminars can be integrated into your work routine. According to your preferences and the preferences of your partner company, you can controll the proportion of on-site or live online seminars up to a certain extend.
We are convinced that, above all, the exchange with others is important in order to successfully tackle complex problems of today. Therefore, we put a strong focus on collaborative learning and working in seminars, peer mentoring, and much more. In this way, you have the chance to systematically expand your own network. Furthermore, the continuous study on the learning platform of Post University allows a study from anywhere in the world and greatest possible freedom to interlock the working day and studies individually.
Furthermore, the program combines essential elements of the M.Sc. in International Management with the US-American MBA. You will work on all contents together with German and international talents, half on the German and half on the American campus:
|SIBE Campus||Post Campus|
|Project Curriculum||Practical Corporate Management (incl. Project Management)|
|Development of Personality and Competencies||Analytics and Strategy|
|(Digital) Leadership (incl. Foresight)||Finance|
|International Business Development||Elective: Change or Innovation Management|
In addition to continuous project development, you also have the opportunity to focus consistently on your personal development: With the help of proven competency assessment tools, you will define personal goals and have the opportunity to work systematically on them.
Since competencies and performance are more important in the professional world than passing knowledge tests, we have designed the entire program to focus on your competency development. Therefore, during the German-US-Dual-Degree (M.Sc./MBA), you will not write any exams to test your knowledge, but you will work on problems and tasks in the form of presentations and project-related homework (so-called transfer or project study papers) and continuous participation via the learning platform of Post University. Finally, your Master’s thesis will assess your ability to transfer theory to practice and thus certify your innovative contribution to your company. Transfer papers and project study papers, which are supervised by SIBE, can be written in both English and German.
Admission & Application
- Completed first degree at a German or foreign university with at least 180 credit points according to ECTS or the equivalent thereof
- English language skills of a level of at least B2 according to the European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Broad experience through internships, international experience, volunteer work, work experience, etc.
- Successful completion of a multi-stage selection process at the SIBE
- A partner company at your side, which supports your studies and provides you with a project. We will be happy to support you in your search for a partner company.
Your application documents
- Optional: Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae in German and English
- Certificate of higher education entrance qualification (Abitur, Fachhochschulreife)
- Certificate of studies
- Study record (alternatively current overview of grades) and
- Work and internship certificates
summarized in a PDF file. Please send us your application preferably online or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply at an early stage. The course starts for the SIBE Master’s programs usually take place every 2 months and are independent of the state winter and summer semesters.
For the German-US-Dual-Degree M.Sc./MBA a three-stage selection process is conducted – consisting of the formal review of the application documents, a personal interview (incl. English test) and the KODE® assessment. After successful completion of the selection process, you will either start directly with your existing company in the program or be accepted into our talent pool. In the talent pool, you can look together with us for a suitable project-giving company. In doing so, you can either identify a suitable partner yourself or access our advertised vacancies. Forwarding your application documents to cooperating partner companies is only possible after the coaching call.
As part of the program, your partner company usually supports you not only with a monthly salary, but also by covering the majority of the program and tuition fees! Financing is usually provided as follows (deviations are possible and should be discussed directly with the respective partner company):
Contribution of the company:
- Payment of a monthly student salary
- Payment of the program fees in the amout of 1.110,- € / month (plus VAT)
- If applicable, financing of travel expenses for onsite seminars and an optional study trip
Contribution of the student:
- Payment of the tuition fees in the amout of 350,- € / month (without VAT)
Optional study trips abroad
We are convinced that leadership and management must be thought globally! Therefore, we offer all our students and alumni exclusive insights into selected foreign markets in addition to our study and doctoral programs. Benefit from the international network of the School of International Business and Entrepreneurship, which has been built up over the last 28 years!
This is what makes our optional study trips abroad so special
As part of our optional study trips abroad, you will benefit from a unique blend of:
- Visits to national and international companies, chambers or associations, possibly visits to factories or production sites
- Exchange with company representatives and/or university representatives on special topics of the respective market
- Insights into the respective culture via a country-specific cultural offer
Individual requests (e.g. visits to specific industries etc.) will be considered, please, just contact us.
This is an optional offer for all SIBE students and alumni, which is offered independently of any online dual degree options offered by our partner universities. Accordingly, the costs are not included in the tuition and program fees and are additional. Please clarify individually whether you are responsible for any costs incurred or whether your partner company will bear them.
Successfully implemented study trips abroad:
- Study trip abroad to Brazil in cooperation with our partner universities: Universidade Vila Velha (Vila Velha), Faculdade da Indústria (Curitiba), Universidade Católica de Santos (Santos) and many more
- Study trip abroad to the USA in cooperation with the University of California (San Diego)
- Study trip abroad to China in cooperation with Tsinghua University (Beijing)
- Study trip abroad to Great Britain in cooperation with Heriot-Watt University (Edinburgh)
We will inform you about possible next dates, destinations and prices as soon as reliable planning is possible and justifiable against the background of the pandemic.
Contact regarding the optional study trip abroad
Team International & MBA Programs